Healthcare Organizations Are Fairly Confident About Their Y2K-Compliance Measures
Manasquan, N.J. — Preliminary results from "The Year 2000 Readiness and Confidence Survey," sponsored by The Managed Care Information Center's (MCIC), Healthcare IS/IT Market Reporter reveal, on average, healthcare executives rate their organizations a "6" in terms of being fully Y2K complaint on a scale from one to 10.# # #
Additional preliminary findings of the survey include:
The survey, a joint venture between MCIC and Health Resources Publishing, is intended to provide healthcare professionals with an analysis of what their colleagues in the industry are doing to prepare for the millennium and what they believe the turn of the century will bring, as well as predictions for the fate of their respective companies and positions in the coming year.
- 6 percent of respondents said their business or organization may go out of business if it is unable to remedy its Y2K problems;
- Nearly 10 percent of respondents believe their jobs will be in jeopardy if their company isn't able to convert its Y2K-sensitive equipment;
- 63 percent of healthcare organizations have created a reserve disaster recovery fund to deal with "millennium bug" emergencies;
- 91.7 percent of respondents are confident their organization will be able to fix any Y2K-related bugs by the year's end;
- And, when asked if too much attention was being placed on Y2K issues, a little more than half — 54.5 percent — answered "No."
Executives from hospitals, hospices, adult day and senior services programs, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical companies, associations, government agencies, colleges and universities, and other healthcare organizations are encouraged to participate in the survey, which will remain on the MCIC Web site until April 16, 1999.
Completed surveys entitle respondents to a free, exclusive Executive Summary of "The Year 2000 Readiness and Confidence Survey," sponsored by Healthcare IS/IT Market Reporter. The findings will be sent via fax or e-mail once the survey is compiled.
MCIC is a healthcare publishing company based in Manasquan, N.J. In addition to Healthcare IS/IT Market Reporter, MCIC publishes several other healthcare industry newsletters, directories and yearbooks. For additional information on any of MCIC's publications, services or custom research services, contact: The Managed Care Information Center, P.O. Box 559, Allenwood, NJ 08720; call toll-free (888) THE-MCIC, fax toll-free (888) FAX-MCIC, e-mail email@example.com, www.themcic.com.
For more information contact The Managed Care Information Center, 1913 Atlantic Avenue, Suite F4, Manasquan, NJ, 08736, toll-free telephone 1-888-THE-MCIC (1-888-843-6242), fax 1-888-FAX-MCIC (1-888-329-6242), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or online at http://www.themcic.com.
Back to List of Releases